About the Hotel
Blackbeard’s Lodge is located just off Highway 12 in the heart of Ocracoke Village within walking distance to all restaurants, gift shops and attractions.
Each of our 36 guest rooms, suites and apartments has its own distinct character and offer comfortable, warm surroundings with historic charm and hospitality. The rooms and apartments are family friendly, some with complete kitchens, others with whirlpool baths, king size beds, and wet bars. Pet friendly accommodations are available.
Blackbeard’s has the only hotel game room on the island, a beautiful swimming pool surrounded by cedar trees and a fleet of bicycles. Our beaches are easily accessible by car or shuttle. We offer free shuttle service to the harbor and airport for those guests traveling by private boat or plane.
In 1936, Stanley Wahab designed the grand two-story structure as the Wahab Village Hotel, with high ceilings, authentic cedar paneling and long inside corridors. The building has had many uses in its 75 years existence. It housed a massive generator recovered from a cruise vessel sunk off the coast, which provided the first publicly available electricity to the Island. The ground floor spaces once offered residents and notable visitors, such as Dare Wright, Maureen O’Sullivan, Aycock Brown and Mia Farrow the first roller rink, movie theater and family style restaurant on the Island.
The staff at Blackbeard’s Lodge is dedicated to recreating the gracious ambiance and good times once enjoyed here. Come see the Outer Banks as it once was!